Americans love their pets. 68% percent of U.S. households own at least one, and dogs are the number one pet Americans choose to have by their side. 60.2 million of us claim at least one canine in our family1. And we do mean family. We spend on average over $126 each month on our pets. While that’s less than a child, the statistic still shows that we are willing to shell out our hard-earned money on our furry friends to keep them happy and healthy.
While natural and holistic approaches to medicine are increasing for humans2, might these same practices benefit our dogs as well? And if so… what about colloidal silver? Is it safe* for Fido? In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of colloidal silver and if this natural approach is safe for your precious fur baby.
What is Colloidal Silver (and are all silver products created equally)?
Silver, in one form or another, has been used since ancient times as an antimicrobial agent3. Silver occurs naturally in mushrooms, whole grains and mammalian milk. Colloidal silver is a substance consisting of tiny clusters of silver suspended in ultra-pure water. When it comes to today’s colloidal silver market, not all colloidal silver products are made the same or have the same effectiveness. Silver hydrosol, as in Sovereign Silver Bio-Active Silver Hydrosol™ for Pets, is the ultimate refinement of the colloidal silver category. It offers a safe* and effective* low concentration of 10 ppm (parts per million) in the form of a pure mixture of greater than 98% positively charged silver ions and silver nanoclusters in ultra-pure water.
Compared to colloidal silver, which typically consists of just 10% positively charged silver (the other 90% is neutral, and cannot be used by the body), Bio-Active Silver Hydrosol is exponentially more powerful than other brands, even those with 250 or 500 ppm of silver.
Sovereign Silver, the manufacturers of Bio-Active Silver Hydrosol for Pets, maintains the highest purity standards in our own GMP Certified facility. Sovereign Silver is also the #1 selling silver brand in the USA. Our commitment to selling the safest* and purest form of colloidal silver in the marketplace extends to Sovereign Silver’s pet supplements as well.
Supporting Your Dogs Immune Health
As many know all too well, veterinary bills can be quite high. Just finding out what is wrong with your sick dog can top $1,000 in some cases4. The old saying “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” holds true for pet health as well. The cost of prevention is usually just a fraction of the cost of treating a problem that may show up in our dog’s life. Like their human counterparts, a dog’s healthy immune function* is vital to keeping your furry best friend happy and healthy for years to come.
Giving them the right immune support* is also critical. Sovereign Silver’s Bio-Active Silver Hydrosol for Pets is safe*, pure and effective* and offers the best possible absorption. It uses just pharmaceutical-grade purified water and 99.999% pure silver. It tastes just like water, so Fido won’t turn up their snout when given it as a fine mist, drops or spoonful.
But how do you know it’s safe* for your pet? A 2016 study in Nanotoxicology demonstrated the safety of silver in animals at 2,000 times the EPA silver oral Reference Dose for humans, which is 350 mcg5,6! It can be given once daily for ongoing immune support* or up to 3 times daily when they need more support, such as when traveling, being groomed or boarded, or when visiting the vet. For weight based doing directions click here and scroll down to the How to Use tab.
For dog (and other pet) owners, our lives wouldn’t be the same without our beloved furry friends by our side. We are seeing more dog-friendly businesses, restaurants and even airlines than ever before. We (rightly so) spend our money pampering our canines, so shouldn’t we give them the immune support* they need to lead long, happy lives? If you are considering adding colloidal silver for your dog, make sure you do your research and give him/her the highest quality silver supplement there is.
“I’ve been using Natural Immunogenics’ Bio-Active Silver Hydrosol products for at least 15 years now in my holistic veterinary practice. I appreciate their safety, versatility, ease of administration, efficacy and reasonable pricing. Thanks for a great product!”
– Dr. Darla Rewers, DVM
For more information about Sovereign Silver’s entire line of products, please visit https://sovereignsilver.com or call our Customer Care line at (888) 328-8840, Monday through Friday between 8:30 am and 5:30 pm EST.
(5) Wilding, L.A., et al., Repeated dose (28-day) administration of silver nanoparticles of varied size and coating does not significantly alter the indigenous murine of gut microbiome. Nanotoxicology, 2016. 10(5): p. 513-20.
(6) According to the EPA (CASRN 7440-22-4) daily Oral Silver Reference Dose (RfD) for humans applied to 10 ppm, one may ingest 178,850 servings safely over 70 years.